Follow these simple tips to make the most of your Visa card on your journey overseas.
Before you go
On Your Trip
When You’re Home
Visa Travel Money
Use a prepaid card that's safer than cash.
- Load up to 10 foreign currencies, locking in exchange rates before you go.
- Use it anywhere that accepts Visa – at over 36 million merchants and 2.4 million ATMs globally. (Merchant numbers as of Nov 2015, ATM numbers as of June 2015)
- Enjoy chip and Pin protection, and protection against unauthorised transactions with Visa’s Zero Liability Policy (Visa's Zero Liability policy covers Australian and New Zealand-issued cards and does not apply to ATM transactions, transactions not processed by Visa or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholders should notify their issuer promptly of any unauthorised Visa use. Please consult your issuer for additional details.)
Global Customer Assistance Service
Lost your Visa card? Call +1 303 967 1090 from anywhere in the world.
No matter where you are in the world, Visa’s Global Customer Assistance Services (GCAS) representatives can provide multilingual assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. GCAS can help you block your Visa card within 30 minutes once it has been reported stolen or lost, protecting you against fraudulent transactions. GCAS can also provide emergency cash and Visa card replacement services wherever you are in the world.
How to look up ATMs
- Go to www.visa.com/atmlocator or www.visa.com/atmlocator/mobile
- Enter a street address, city and state, or point of interest, or select ‘Locate Nearby’ on your mobile device
- Click on ‘Directions’ to see walking or driving directions to the closest ATM
- Specify a starting point to map a route from where you are or from your travel destination
Exchange rate calculator
Using your Visa card when you travel is safer than carrying large amounts of cash. Plus, paying with Visa lets you enjoy Visa’s exchange rate. This frees you from the need to compare and calculate exchange rates. Estimate your exchange rate in another currency here.